Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stitchy Saturday --EDIT

Hand stitching buttonholes has occupied the past two hours and I am not even half done.

Tedious stitch-work is good for me, right? Well... this dress is going to be amazing... ... It is amazing. I look fantastic in it. Pictures of it on me have proved a little too racy for the internet. I am not comfortable with that. But I look hot in it. It camouflages my worst features (huge stomach, huge butt...well that's impossible but it does draw attention away from my butt which is a start) and highlights my best features (chest, neck, and the smallest part of my waist)... I looove the neckline. It does show a substantial amount of my bra, but I have a red lace bra that looks good with it and this is not an everyday dress. In fact I think the only places it would be ok to wear this dress are concerts and parties. I also love that the way I sewed it, with the black back piece is slightly bigger than the red front piece, so when its on me, you can see the black outlining me on the front of the dress, and it makes me look smaller. It falls about mid thigh and fits me like a glove. The black part is plain stretchy thin jersey fabric. The red part used to be a huge (3x) men's shirt from the thrift stores. I know it looks like an Ed Hardy design but its not... I forget the brand. This dress was a pain in the ass for getting it to fit. Shirring the back top helped. Onto pics! Btw the white piece of paper behind the bust in one pic is to show you the detail. I know it looks like the ribbon is all wonky--it isn't when its on me. Its just not stretched out when its not on my chest lol


No comments: