Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day Dress

While perusing the $1 sale at my local Goodwill today, I picked up a couple of goodies including a dress to alter for Valentine's Day. It is a Molly Malloy dress, size petite large (which makes very little sense to me) fire engine red with little velvet swirly hearts all over and was mid calf length, short sleeves, a collar right up to the neck, and it fit me like a sack (big, yet clung to my stomach). Tailored it and hemmed it up to mid thigh, changed the neckline to off the shoulder (purposefully my red bra straps will show) that's knotted at the bust. The way I sewed it makes it drape fantastically over my middle, disguising my extra baggage.

Since I didn't even try it on I am not counting the time I took to purchase it. So, this dress cost me a small amount of thread, about 45 minutes of time (including trying on, marking, pinning, sewing, trimming, trying on again, and twirling like an idiot), and $1.

A $1 sexy Valentine's Day dress. I love being able to sew.

There will be pictures, but sadly not till after Valentine's Day because its part of my many surprises for my boyfriend.

Stay tuned.

Time for string cheese, crystal light, and Sex and the City the movie.

Happy Wednesday tomorrow, folks--by noon the week will be half over!

<3 Liz

No comments: